When you browse on the internet and visit many websites, your browser saves a lot of content and data in temporary storage on your computers hard drive. This temporary storage is called "cache". You should clear the cache from time to time to have te latest information available.
Choose your browser and follow the steps to clear your browsers cache (empty cache).
When you clear your cache you will always load the latest version of a webpage. So make sure you download the latest data from any website.
To clear cache in your Firefox browser follow the next steps.
1. Clear browser data (cache) in Mozilla Firefox with the keyboard shortcut.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]
- A new Window opens calles "Clear recent history"
- Select your time frame, Last Hour .... Everything
- Select only the check mark in front of Cache. De-select all other check marks
- Confirm your selection by clicking the "OK" button
You should clear the cache off your Google Chrome browser periodically. This will ensure that your browser will perform efficiently and without slowing down or showing you old data.
To clear the cache in Google Chrome follow the next steps
The fastest way to clear your Google chrome cache is to use the keyboard short cuts to go directly to the cache removal screen.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Press all these keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del].
- Browse to Clear Browsing Data
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click the button Clear data.